I love Conscious Rest, I use is as a reset in 5 min, and I also use it as a longer practice to deeply drop my Nervious system into Parasympathetic. For me because it’s passive, and totally supported, it provides such support. The work is in the creating of the shape, of finding the support that suits you.. and then hey presto… its awesome how deeply I can now drop, the more you do it, the deeper and more effective it is.
Conscious Rest meditation is a practice based on the principles of the Alexander Technique, which aims to help reduce physical tension and improve overall body alignment. The meditation involves lying on the floor with a book under your head and a leg support to promote comfort and relaxation.
Here’s how to do it:
- Find a comfortable spot on the floor and lay down on your back with your arms and legs relaxed.
- Place a book or yoga block under your head to support your neck and spine.
- Place a rolled-up blanket or pillow under your knees, my preference is to rest my calfs on a chaired,or table to relieve any pressure on your lower back.
- Close your eyes and focus on the sensations in your body. Take deep breaths and let yourself sink into the floor.
- Pay attention to any areas of tension or discomfort, and consciously release them by relaxing your muscles.
- Stay in this position for 10-15 minutes or as long as you like.
The aim is to allow gravity to support your body and help release any tension or stress. This meditation helps improve posture, reduces physical and mental stress, and promotes overall well-being.
#ConsciousRestMeditation #AlexanderTechnique #Relaxation #StressReduction #PostureImprovement #WellBeing